Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Made the paper!


As I mentioned in earlier posts, the local paper was going to publish a selection of the best photos in their annual tulip photo contest in the paper. I figured this likely meant a very small selection in the actual Newspaper, when in fact they took 25 of the 68 submitted in a special insert dedicated to the tulip photos. It also appears that the contest was a contest for 1st place, with the winner being featured on the cover of the special print section. All in all I am very happy to have made the publication, as this was my only goal for my first real photo contest. The insert was published in Monday's paper (28th), so if you are local to the Skagit Valley and haven't recycled yours yet you can still flip through a nice selection of photos - mine among them! Thank you to all who voted for me, I am already looking forward to next year's contest!

I have several articles in the works to post up here, and haven't taken many new photos as of late as my wife and I are very busy preparing for our first baby, due to arrive in early August. As you can imagine my priority list has computer time low on the importance scale thought more posts are coming so stay tuned!

Blessings,

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment