Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Deception Pass Bridge in Black and White

Last Sunday my bride and I, along with some other family members, went on an hour tour with Deception Pass Tours. We had purchased the tour on Groupon sometime last year and were finally able to redeem the tour last weekend. The tour takes you from Cornet Bay, under the bridge, around Deception Island and then eventually back to Cornet Bay. We all had a wonderful time and it was really awesome to see the bridge from underneath. I have driven over the bridge and seen the surrounding area from the beaches and roads numerous times, but this was the first time I have seen it from on the water - something everyone from this area should take advantage of. On the tour we also saw a bald eagle, several harbor seals and even caught a brief glimpse of a harbor porpoise or two.


Deception Pass Bridge in Black and White

My compact camera was not the ideal camera for the trip to really capture the wildlife, but I was able to capture the shot of the bridge above. I converted the image to black and white with the open source and freely available GIMP.

Blessings,

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment