Monday, April 23, 2012

GoSkagit Tulip Contest - My Entry

April marks the annual Skagit Valley Tulip Festival and during this year's Festival our local newspaper & publishing company is hosting a Tulip photo contest. I saw the add in one of the publications and have been eyeing the lighting and looking for my opportunity to grab a good photo to take a shot at the contest. My submission has been approved and is one of 30 photos up for voting, which started Sunday the 22nd and ends on the following Sunday the 29th.

Evening Tulips

What really makes this photo for me is definitely the lighting. The late evening sun created a nice glimmer on the edges of the flowers. You can see the contest page at http://goskagit.upickem.net/engine/Welcome.aspx?contestid=56023 and see all the entries and even vote if you are so inclined.

Blessings,

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment